[Zope] Maximum Size of DTML Document/Method

Small Business Services toolkit at magma.ca
Fri Mar 19 11:54:35 EST 2004

> Asad Habib wrote:
> > Hello. I have a dtml method that takes up 31KB and when I try to add
> > another line of code to it, Zope won't let me. Have I exceeded the size
> > limits defined by Zope? If so, is there a way these limits can be
> > extended? If not, will packing the Zope database help? Any help would be
> > greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Try breaking up your single large dtml method into several smaller methods,
for example:

Dtml Method A contains:

<dtml-if "some condition">
  <dtml-var MethodB>
<dtml-elif "some other condition">
  <dtml-var MethodC>
<dtml-else>
  <dtml-var MethodD>
</dtml-if>

Alternatively, you can create 'subroutine' dtml methods, for example:

Dtml Method A contains:

... a bunch of dtml code...
<dtml-call MethodB>
... some more dtml code...