[Zope] Trying to use CookieCrumbler 1.1 with Zope 2.7.0 and havingtrouble with logging out

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Mar 19 17:59:31 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 16:44, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Ken Causey wrote:
> > I'm trying to use CookieCrumbler 1.1 with Zope 2.7.0 and am having
> > trouble with logging out.  I previously used CookieCrumbler 0.5 with
> > Zope 2.6.1 with the my current objects and everything worked fine.
> > Basically I'm getting the error:
> >
> > Traceback (innermost last):
> >   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 100, in publish
> >   Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
> >   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
> >   Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 306, in __call__
> >   Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec
> >   Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 318, in _exec
> >   Module None, line 7, in logout
> >    - <PythonScript at /logout>
> >    - Line 7
> >   Module Products.CookieCrumbler.CookieCrumbler, line 326, in logout
> > AttributeError: logoutabsolute_url
> >
> > Clearly the error is a little odd but the value of my CookieCrumbler
> > instance's 'Logout page ID' property is 'logout' which is the ID of a
> > 'Script (Python)'.  My guess is that Python Methods are no longer
> > implementing absolute_url().  Has the implementation of Python Methods
> > changed significantly since 2.6.1?
>
> Actually, CookieCrumbler now expects 'logout' to be a subobject rather
> than a method of the cookie crumbler object.  I suggest you delete and
> re-create the cookie crumbler.

I think you misunderstood me.  logout is an object.  Not a subobject of
the cookie crumbler but it should be accessible via acquisition since it
is in the same folder with the it.  I have deleted and recreated the
cookie crumbler instance and it didn't change anything.  I've since
changed the id of the logout page id to point to a DTML method and with
the DTML method it works fine.

Ken