[Zope] configure '--prefix' or '--home'

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Sun Mar 21 13:56:26 EST 2004

It appears that when Zope 2.7.0 is getting built, any value for --prefix
is being copied to --home and the latter variable used, and wondered
why...

Within the Makefile, is there any particular reason why '--home' is being
used here:-   ?

install: build
    ${PYTHON} "${BASE_DIR}/setup.py" ${DISTUTILS_OPTS} install \
       --home="${PREFIX}" ${BUILD_FLAGS} ${INSTALL_FLAGS}

If this was '--prefix', as one might logically expect, it would build
without any problems on OS/2. I notice that the Windows version includes
'--prefix' at this point. I would like this to be changed to '--prefix' if
the command line includes this option. Is that possible?

--
John