[Zope] Running Zope with less memory usage

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Mon Mar 22 19:22:21 EST 2004

Peter Bengtsson <mail at peterbe.com> on 3/22/04 wrote:

>I'm running one of my zope servers (2.7.0b3) on a very slow celeron
>500Mhz with <200Mb RAM. It also runs Postgresql, apache and Squid, but
>Zope takes by far the most amount of memory.
>What configurations can I make to limit Zope to use less memory?

these are pretty obvious, bet you are already aware of them....

you can reduce the cache-size but that will most likely increase CPU
usage, requests might also "seem" slower. Using Directory Storage might
reduce your RAM usage also.

<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ ICQ: 51907738 ~ Sales (USA): 1-866-967-3669