[Zope] Re: Mailboxer Question

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Mar 23 12:12:35 EST 2004

paichi at comcast.net wrote:

> I setup a Mailboxer 3.2 mailing list, and I've noticed the following
> problem with broken threads.  Users can submit their original e-mails to a
> given list, and these are archived correctly.  However, replies to these
> submissions are not threaded to their source e-mails, but rather become a
> new thread.  In fact, any reply to any thread gets grouped into a single
> thread on my archive.  The only thing I can figure is something is pulling
> out from the header "Re: [Open IB...]" from each received e-mail, and is
> using that to group this to create a thread full of discrete replies.  I'm
> using Python 2.3.3, RH 9, Zope 2.7, Mailboxer 3.2, and Apache 2.0.49 as a
> frontend w/ the mod_proxy features enabled.  The MTA is Postfix 1.1.12-1.
>  The entry to in the /etc/postfix/aliases file reads as:
>
> testme: "|/etc/postfix/smtp2zope.py
> http://openib.org:8080/testme/manage_mailboxer 20000"
>
> The page can be accessed at http://openib.org/testme

Hi,

MailBoxer threads messages by diffs on subjects. Please don't start arguing
on it, in real world threading this way works much better than threading on
message-id, references etc.

Your test-subjects are very "similar" so they are recognized as "same"
threads. Please use some "real" case subjects-lines and see, that MailBoxer
will thread much more better.

Have a look at: