[Zope] Newbie Q: Error creating LocalFS

Chris Withers lists at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Mar 24 08:16:15 EST 2004

Jock Coats wrote:

> I have to say that having got another error installing another different
> product last night (CMFBoard) I saw what you mean by a 'traceback' - I
> did not get that 'traceback' when I got the error on creating a LocalFS
> object (and there was nothing in the error log at the root of my ZMI).

That's rather odd :-S

What version of Zope are you using?

> Should I get such a traceback with *every* error - the rest of the error
> looked similar, except minus the traceback?

In general yes, but standard_error_message no longer displays the traceback for
security reasons, so you need to go look in the error_log object in the root.
If you really want to catch everything, clear the "Ignore" box and click the button.

> And how do I get it to drop a copy of it into the error_log?

That should just happen unless the exception type is in the ignore list...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk