[Zope] allowing _mm folder?

Andrew Altepeter aaltepet at bethel.edu
Wed Mar 24 09:30:27 EST 2004

Hi Chris and JCC,

Thank you both for your help!

In order to get this '_mm' folder working, I had to do a couple things:

1) Add a site access rule in the root folder, that replaced any '_mm'
items in the TraversalRequestNameStack with 'mm_'

2) in OFS.Folder.manage_addFolder, add an if statement that maps _mm to
mm_

3) changed OFS.ObjectManager.objectItems to:
def objectItems(self, spec=None):
   return [ ((id=='mm_' and '_mm' or id), self._getOb(id)) for id in\
self.objectIds(spec) ]

This allowed me to access '_mm' as a folder, through ZMI, normal
published object, and ftp.  I do believe there are a couple more places
in ObjectManager that need to map _mm to mm_.  One I can think of is
_delObject

Even though I got this piece working, I was still unable to get
Macromedia Contribute to function.  It wouldn't even let me connect via
ftp to zope.  Well, it would connect, but then it would tell me that
access was denied.  Checking the access logs, it looks like everything
it was trying was successful (except for doing a chmod on a temporary
file it created).  Overall, I'm not very impressed with the site setup
wizard in Contribute.

Thanks again for all you're help,
Andy