[Zope] Problem with VirtualHostMonster

FLORAC Thierry thierry.florac at onf.fr
Thu Mar 25 09:05:24 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 14:21, Chris Withers wrote:

> FLORAC Thierry wrote:
>
> > Concerned objects are custom classes instances, inherited from
> > SimpleItem or ObjectManager (for which the "absolute_url" is never
> > defined).
>
> Yeah, but be DAMN sure your class returns an id get .getID() is called ;-)

Do you mean "getId" or "getID" ??
The "getId" method is never redefined and the "id" property is always
set...

> > I can use several methods :
> >  - <dtml-let MYINSTANCE="otherObject.callMethod()"> (which retrieves an
> > object)
> >  - <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('MYINSTANCE', otherObject.callMethod())">
> > (which is used mainly when the result can be used in several scripts)
> >  - <dtml-in ... prefix="sequence">
> >      <dtml-let MYINSTANCE=sequence_item>
>
> Ewww... DTML :'(

I know that DTML doesn't seems to be the best way to define pages
templates, but my application which is quite old now il heavily based on
DTML and I can't modify all my templates to use ZPT...

  Thierry

--
  Linux every day, keeps Dr Watson away...
  http://gpc.sourceforge.net -- http://www.ulthar.net