[Zope] Zope Still Crashes Daily

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Thu Mar 25 14:00:08 EST 2004

Murray Pearson <murray at ahadesign.ca> on 3/25/04 wrote:

>My strategies from here:
>(1) Try another OS. I put FreeBSD on one machine, and although I did
>not get the whole thing running it appears that the software in the
>ports collection is the same as OpenBSD so I don't anticipate any
>benefit. I would like to hear OS suggestions... except those made by
>Microsoft. Would some flavour of Linux make my life any easier?
>
>(2) Upgrade the software. This will mean building from source and
>facing, if everything goes perfectly smoothly, hours and hours of
>compiling time on a P III. Again, this has no promise of helping and
>could turn into a big waste of time if they don't compile happily.

I would make sure first if all that you build python with a larger stack
size. does the Makefile for the python port on OpenBSD have an open
called WANT_HUGE_STACK_SIZE ? on FreeBSD it does and you should build
python like make WANT_HUGE_STACK_SIZE=1 install (clean).

I would generally recommend not use the ports for zope or zope products
as its easier to just build it from source. If you're just starting you
might want to start with python 2.3.3 and Zope 2.7. hth
<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ ICQ: 51907738 ~ Sales (USA): 1-866-967-3669