[Zope] Zope Still Crashes Daily

Murray Pearson murray at ahadesign.ca
Thu Mar 25 22:38:17 EST 2004

Hi guys,

OK, I got python compiled with
> make OPT="-DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -DHAVE_THREADS
> -DTHREAD_STACK_SIZE=1000000"

and I compiled Zope 2.7 and I've familiarized myself with its
unexpected new form.

I have configured it to open with the ports shifted up 1000 to avoid
conflicts with Zope 2.6 which is still running. This isn't a problem,
is it? They're not even using the same Python.

I also told it to listen only on the internal network address, for
security. I can route that out through Apache which will completely
eliminate random IIS/script-kiddie attacks on Zope..... right?

Anyhow, it all seemed fine until the starting gun:
-bash-2.05b$ sudo ./bin/runzope
Password:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/src/Zope-2.7.0/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py", line
49, in ?
     run()
[bla bla bla]
   File "/usr/local/src/Zope-2.7.0/lib/python/ZODB/__init__.py", line
18, in ?
     import cPersistence, Persistence
ImportError: No module named cPersistence

So I RTFM'd, and then
python setup.py build_ext -if
in the Zope source directory...

then
-bash-2.05b$ sudo ./bin/runzope

.....and Zope 2.7 is now running!!!

  Zope Version
  (Zope 2.7.0, python 2.3.3, openbsd3)

  Python Version
  2.3.3 (#1, Mar 25 2004, 12:48:50) [GCC 2.95.3 20010125 (prerelease,
propolice)]

  System Platform
  openbsd3

Thanks for your help, people! I will try migrating my stuff from the
old server to the new (it's REALLY handy having both running in the
meanwhile.) I'll see if this actually stabilizes it.