[Zope] Zope 2.7 on CD-ROM

Sebastien Georget sebastien.georget at ecl2003.ec-lyon.fr
Fri Mar 26 06:57:24 EST 2004

Chris Withers wrote:

 > Sébastien Georget wrote:
 >
 >> The INSTANCE and ZOPE variable are hard coded and I didn't found a
way to dynamically change them, nothing on the command-line nor in the
environment variable. Did I miss something ?

 > I think you're supposed to customise Zope.conf to your needs, that
said, I may be misunderstanding the question...

 > Chris

The problem occurs if I want to distribute my demo on a cdrom, I don't
know the value of INSTANCE so I can't set it in zope.conf.
For example under windows it could be : d:\instance, e:\instance, ...
I can solve the problem setting INSTANCE to \instance

Under linux it could be : /mnt/cdrom/instance, /cdrom/instance, ...
Does anybody have a solution ?