[Zope] admin problems: avoid starting some services and webdav question

Jonas Meurer jonas at freesources.org
Sat Mar 27 08:42:13 EST 2004

hello,

I run zope 2.6.4-1 on debian/testing with 4 instances, using zopectl to
manage these instances. I have in /etc/zopectl/zopectlrc:
HTTP-Port: 9673
FTP-Port: 8021
WebDAV-Port: 9674
Monitor-Port: 9675
ICP-Port: 9676

and in every single /etc/zopectl/<instance_name>.conf:
HTTP-Port: 9080
WebDAV-Port: 9074
FTP-Port: 9021
Monitor-Port: 9075
ICP-Port: 9076

with s/90/91, s/90/92 or s/90/93 for the 3 other instances.
this works great, but if i try some services not to start (for example
the Monitor-service), and i comment out this port in every config, zope
doesn't start any longer, only the first instance.
for me it looks like zope in this case tries to start at a default port
anyway, and this already is in use by the first instance.

So how can I avoid to start a service? simply removing the
port-directive seems not to be enough.

And my second problem:
I try not to start WebDAV services on the given HTTP-Port. For now
WebDAV is available on both, configured WebDAV-Port and HTTP-Port.
I found this configuration-option
webdav-source-port-clients: No
and added it to the bottom of /etc/zopectl/zopectlrc, but nothing
changed. even with adding it to the instance-based files nothing
changed.
any suggestions?

bye
 jonas