[Zope] allowing _mm folder?

Andy Altepeter aaltepet at aslan.its.bethel.edu
Mon Mar 29 08:50:12 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 03:38, Chris Withers wrote:
> Andrew Altepeter wrote:
>
> > 1) Add a site access rule in the root folder, that replaced any '_mm'
> > items in the TraversalRequestNameStack with 'mm_'
>
> How're you preventing your users from adding objects called 'mm_'?
>   ;-)

I have to say, I'm not too concerned about that.  But if they do, then
it's also accessible via '_mm' ;-)

> > 2) in OFS.Folder.manage_addFolder, add an if statement that maps _mm to
> > mm_
>
> Should probably do that in a subclass :-/

That's a good suggestion.  If I ever need to provide this sort of
support on a production box in the future, I'll try doing it that way.

> > Even though I got this piece working, I was still unable to get
> > Macromedia Contribute to function.  It wouldn't even let me connect via
> > ftp to zope.  Well, it would connect, but then it would tell me that
> > access was denied.  Checking the access logs, it looks like everything
> > it was trying was successful (except for doing a chmod on a temporary
> > file it created).
>
> So what was failing then?

Without seeing the source code for Contribute, I can't really say.
Everything appeared to be successful, but then it gave a magical 'Access
Denied' or 'Unable to Connect' error message.

I do think it was looking for a _mm/contribute.xml (a contribute sites
configuration file) in the zope root.  If I did that, it would *work*.
However, that meant I was unable to setup other contribute sites in
zope.  I actually copied that config file from a site served directly
from apache into zope.

The odd thing is that once or twice I was actually able to connect and
go through more of the wizard to setup a site (w/out using that
contribute.xml file).  Every other time it failed, and not always in the
same spot, or with the same error message.

I wanted to save the pages contribute created as zpt's (which works).
Unfortunately, It created the files like:

---
<doctype ...>

---

And the zpt parser apparrently doesn't like that empty line between the
doctype and the <html>.

Cheers,
Andy