[Zope] Problem Accessing a Z SQL Method

Asad Habib ahabib at engin.umich.edu
Mon Mar 29 14:56:24 EST 2004

I have a DTML document that calls a DTML method which in turn calls
another DTML method. This second DTML method is called using the following
syntax:

<dtml-call "some_dtml_method">

Wihin this second DTML method I try to access a Z SQL method using the
following syntax:

<dtml-call "update_something_sql">

This causes Zope to flag me with an error which states the following:

Error Type: NameError
Error Value: global name 'update_something_sql' is not defined

I am fairly certain this is a namespace issue but I don't know how to
correct it. When I try accessing this same Z SQL method from the first
DTML method, everything works fine.

Also, for your information, the DTML document, the two DTML methods, and
the Z SQL method are all defined on the same level.

- Asad