[Zope] Module security assertions fail

Josef Albert Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Sat May 1 16:09:01 EDT 2004

>"ModuleSecurityInfo" is really convoluted and difficult to grasp.
>
>Try to replace:
>
>     security=ModuleSecurityInfo()
>     security.declarePublic('checkTranslationService')
>
>by:
>
>     security=ModuleSecurityInfo('Products.JMUtils.TranslationUtils')
>     security.declarePublic('checkTranslationService')
>
>If necessary, also add
>
>     ModuleSecurityInfo('Products').declarePublic('JMUtils')
>
>ModuleSecurityInfo('Products.JMUtils').declarePublic('TranslationUtils')
>

>Ensure that "TranslationUtils" is imported by your "__init__".
>Otherwise, security declaration defined inside "TranslationUtils.py"
>are not executed and therefore do not take effect.
Hi Dieter,

Thanks for your reply. Finally I got working. I did everything what you
said, but it didn't work either. So, I just replace:

modules/Products/JMUtils/TranslationUtils;">
Something comes here

by its python equivalent:

python:modules['Products.JMUtils.TranslationUtils'];">
Something comes here

and guess what, it worked. I find this behaviour wird because according to
the Zope book both statements should do the same. I will try to do a small
test file and submit it again here, so, we can see either it's my error or a
bug on zope.

Regards,
Josef