[Zope] FileSystem Directory Views

Alan Ezust alan at oddiofile.com
Sun May 2 16:44:03 EDT 2004

Paul, thanks for the reply...

ReadOnly is fine for me at the moment. Although read-write sounds interesting
for later. Thanks for the link.

Since I'm still quite a zope-newbie, I thought I'd try getting
FileSystemDirectory view working first, thinking that I could read about
security in more detail as I go through the tutorial.

I've created three Filesystem Directory View objects. It lists the possible
directories to add, and there is only the choice of the "site" directory
underneath the renamed "examplesite". Every time I create one, it is locked.
I can see the initial welcome page, but if I can't seem to see .html files or
subdirectories in the "site" directory through zope.

So these filesystemviews seem to be empty except for one DHTML file, and it
doesn't matter what else I copy into those directories, Zope can't see them?
Where do tell Zope where my tree of files is located? Or do I create a
symbolic link inside the ExampleSite? Where is the documentation that
explains how this works?

I'd like to delete these old FileSystemView objects I was creating while I was
trying to figure out how this worked. Tried to "cut"
but I get

"""
The object does not support this operation.
-- OR --
The currently logged-in user does not have the Copy or Move permission
respective to the object.
"""

Is it possible to delete a FileSystemDirectory view? It has no content in it
yet, and I see this "lock" symbol on the icon.

--
Alan Ezust
ottawa, canada