[Zope] MappingStorage for ZEO Sessions?

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Wed May 5 18:42:23 EDT 2004

Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> on 5/5/04 wrote:

>george donnelly wrote at 2004-5-4 17:09 -0500:
>>I have a 4 client ZEO cluster that I am setting up a central sessions
>>storage for. I'm wondering if someone can give me a little feedback on
>>what I have done, eg i have a few questions:
>>
>>1. am i doing this right?
>
>Does not look bad.

thanks :)

>Although we use the load balancer to always send the user
>to the same Zope instance. This way, a centralization
>of session info is not necessary.

I feel like tying a user to a one instance partially defeats the purpose
of a cluster i guess. if that instance goes down the user is
inconvenienced.

>>2. where does the mapping storage store itself on the filesystem? as
>>part of the Data.fs of the root-mounted filestorage?
>
>I probably would try to keep the session info in RAM.
>
>They will get lost when ZEO is restarted -- but that
>happens (for us) only extremely rarely.

yes the ZEO server is really stable IMO also.

>I do not know, what you mean by "Mapping Storage".
>But, if this is a supported ZODB storage, you
>should be able to mount one whereever you want.

I have not found any good docs on it other than that it is non-undoable,
non-versionable and based on FileStorage.

thanks for your feedback. i really appreciate it.
<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ ICQ: 51907738 ~ Sales (USA): 1-866-967-3669