[Zope] creating zope folders and folder content

Dan Cherry dscherry at bellsouth.net
Fri May 7 19:48:15 EDT 2004

Hi,
I'm pretty new to Zope & Python, and have been making my way through several
of the tutorials.  Working with External Methods, one of the particularly
useful pages came from the Advanced Zope Scripting in the Zope Book, and
dealt with creating thumbnails.  Everything worked as expected, but I'd like
to extend the concept such that , from an External Method, I'd like to create
a 'subfolder', then create the thumbnail in the sub-folder.  When I prefix
the thumbnail file_id with a folder name, I'm getting errors regarding
invalid characters in a URL - (which appear to be the / characters separating
the folder.  I'm assuming this is pretty basic, but haven't been able to find
anything on the subject.  Any tips or suggestions on where to look, or
possibly an Ext Method snippet which would create a sub-folder and a file
within the sub-folder?

TIA,
--
Dan Cherry