[Zope] Some hype for Europython 2004 Zope Track

Heimo Laukkanen huima at iki.fi
Wed May 12 13:47:04 EDT 2004

As the track chair for Europython 2004 Zope track it is my pleasure to
hype up some excellent news about the schedule and get your apetite up for
for the best ever Zope track at Europython. Never mind that there are
other excellent tracks running at the same time -- since we have such a
fabulous show that if you are interested in Zope, you will be glued down
to your seat!

First of all we are now running for three full days and have each day
packed with excellent talks. Whether you are into Silva, CPS, Plone, Zope
3 or doing your first projects and just trying to figure out where and how
people use Zope.

Especially cool is that on the first day of the conference we will have
Rob Page from Zope Corporation doing two talks, one presenting more about
status of Zope Corporation and how they see the business - and second talk
about how they do Zope-projects. These talks alone should be enough for
you to register and come to the conference.

http://www.europython.org/conferences/epc2004/info/talks/talkMatrix?day=1

Naturally we will also have major contributions and news from the
development of Zope 3. Philipp von Weitershausen and Steve Alexander will
hold talk about Zope 3, Jim Fulton will present Zope Roadmap and Aroldo
Souza-Leite presents the status of Zope3 Common Criteria Certification.
These talks should be enough to get your apetite ready for coming Zope 3
releases in the future.

And if you are an Archetypes-junkie - then you just can't miss out talks
by Benjamin Saller and Andreas Jung. These brave lads will actually tell
you everything you ever wanted to know about Archetypes. If you do
professional Plone work, then these talks combined with Alexander Limi's
wrapup talk about Plone status should be enough to convince you and your
boss to cough up some euros for travel expenses.

http://www.europython.org/conferences/epc2004/info/talks/talkMatrix?day=2

And we haven't forgotten those of you who use or are interested to know
more about CPS. Our friends from Nuxeo and other contributors will have
extremely interesting talks about CPS as a whole, but also about certain
components - including CPS Schemas and Directories.

And if this is not enough, we have some major cool stuff waiting you on
the last half of the last day. We will have few Zope specific
lightningtalks - including some casefiles -- and then our special event,
that will be revealed soon. I can't yet reveal it's contents - but if you
are in to Zope CMS business or doing work with Zope based content
management tools, then this is something you just can't miss.

So unless you have some reading disorder or if your family doctor has
restrained you from traveling, it should be clear that there is no reason
whatsoever to miss Europython. So whatever you wre doing - drop that now,
and point your browser to http://www.europython.org. Registering is easy
and it makes you feel better. Really.

Be a better human being, come to Europython 2004!

--
-huima