[Zope] Product Generator

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Thu May 13 05:16:36 EDT 2004

From: Chris Bruce
> Is there any product/code that allows one to generate python
> based products (Zope 2.7)?  I am looking for something similiar
> to zclasses where I can input a list of the fields/type I want and it
> generates the python based product.

Actually, this is pretty much what Archetypes does. It requires you to use
CMF, though.

CPSSchemas and CPSDocuments skips the whole code-generation part, there you
just create schemas and layouts and make types. This also requires CMF, and
you probably want to use the rest of CPS with it. Coming soon is also a nice
web interface, CPSTypeMaker, where you can easily create field based
document types with no coding at all from a nice translatable CMF user
interface. :-)

> I know this is wishful thinking, but looking for something before trying
to re-invent the wheel.

It has already been invented at least three times, so yeah, no need to do it
again. :-)