[Zope] Sessions and RAM cache managers causing memory leak

Richard Ettema richard.ettema at yoursolutions.com
Mon May 17 08:26:55 EDT 2004

> Not really, unfortunately.  How are you determining memory usage?  Do
> you have any "cache keys" for your cache managers (except
> AUTHENTICATED_USER, which is the default)?  There is a rendering
> potentially stored for each cache key when the cache key differs per
> request.

Some of the dtml methods being cached have dtml namespace cache keys set
(no request vars are used) and appear on all accounts to being working
as expected, with the expected number of enteries for these dtml
methods. Most create one entry, a few others create anywhere between
5-20 enteries as the dtml keys change as I would expect. The dtml vars
are set by dtml-let statements before the method or script is called.

> Maybe try storing your "transient object container" in the "main" ZODB
> instead of storing it in /temp_folder/session_data (which is backed
> entirely by RAM).  I don't recommend doing this long-term but it might
> be helpful during diagnosis.

Do you mean to just move the "transient object container" to the zope
root folder? What is bad about doing this?

> The only other thing I can suggest is to try to make a reproducible test
> case and post the steps (and if possible a .zexp) in the Zope.org
> collector.

Richard.