[Zope] zope performance issues

John Ziniti jziniti at speakeasy.net
Tue May 18 12:04:44 EDT 2004

>  Do help me push zope to the limits and i will share
> the results of the benchmarks as obtained. Something
> i need to start with.....
>
>>>Caching of Objects in Zope
Check out RAMCacheManager.  It is a basic cache Product
that comes with Zope.  You can also use a seperate
caching proxy like squid.

>>>Dynamic Thread Management Features in Zope
??

>>>Shared pool connection management for SQL queries
This will be handled by the particular database adapter
that you are using, so you will have to evaluate them ...

>>>Tuning Documents
No ideas here.

>>>Monitoring of current instance
/Control_Panel/Database/Activity will have information
on the current activity.  If you use RAMCacheManager,
it will also have information about cache hits on
cached objects.

>>>Capability to pump test load across numerous Zope
Multiple ZEO clients connecting to a single backend
storage server.  Use LVS (http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/)
to balance requests between them if you are on Linux.

HTH,
John Ziniti