[Zope] zope performance issues

Trevor Warren trevorwarren at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 01:31:05 EDT 2004

--- Tim_Terlegård <tim at se.linux.org> wrote:
> > Note that Python (and therefore Zope) usually
> cannot use
> > multiprocessor systems efficiently.
> > This is because in a multi-threaded Python
> application
> > at most one thread can execute Python code -- even
> on
> > a multiprocessor system.
[snip]

 This is disastrous. What engineering marvel
necessitated such an architecture. Would luv to be
educated on this front.

 So this means if i have a Single CPU system, the max
i can get from Zope multithreaded towards handling 100
diff threads simultaenously would be really meagre as
compared to any other application server architectured
to handle multiple threads simultaenously.

 Does this esplain the 30TPS as compared to the 100+
TPS for the simple short circuit(no sql) tests
conducted on my SMP system here at the labs???.

Trevor

> Is this planned to be fixed in Python in the near
> future?
>
> Tim

=====
/~\    __      Scaling  FLOSS   in the     __   /~\
|  \) /   Enterprise : trevor.w at pvision.biz  \ (/ |
|_|_  \       Call Now:  9820349221          / _|_|