[Zope] zope performance issues

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed May 19 15:20:03 EDT 2004

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 06:34:42AM -0700, Trevor Warren wrote:

> > Many Zope's + one ZEO.
> > There is a "ZEO" HowTo around.
> [snip]
>
>   Thanks again. I will have that worked out and
> perform the same test. Will post the results once
> done.
>
>  How about apache taking the http hits and zope doing
> the dynamic work. Will that be any better/worse than
> what you are suggesting???.

I would venture a guess that apache with caching enabled
- or Squid - will give you a much more noticeable increase in
performance than adding one or more additional nodes to your
ZEO cluster... IF you are serving a significant amount of
cacheable data: images, semi-static content...

OTOH, if you are doing a lot of really dynamic stuff -
updating content, running catalog queries that need to be
very up to date, etc. - then ZEO will give good benefits.

Read Chris M's paper.  It's got a lot of good info.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com