[Zope] How do you call an External Method from a Page Template?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed May 19 16:17:09 EDT 2004

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 02:06:45PM -0500, Laura McCord wrote:
> I think I figured it out. All I did was in my <form> I used action="My
> External Method"
> However, I still need to put the external method into something so that
> it will give the user a confiramtion page instead of just running the
> script without any acknowledgement to the user.

There are examples of calling things from other things
in the Advanced Scripting chapter of the Zope Book:
http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/ScriptingZope.stx
See the section "Calling scripts from Page Templates."
Note that it doesn't really matter whether the "script" in
question is an Ext. Method, a Script, a DTML object, whatever;
the syntax in ZPT is the same.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com