[Zope] zope performance issues

Tiller, Michael (M.M.) mtiller at ford.com
Thu May 20 10:22:28 EDT 2004

While we are on the subject of zope performance issues, are all you Zope
people aware (I searched the mailing list and couldn't find mention of
it) that some people in the Plone community (including myself) have
taken to uncommenting a line in the AcceleratedHTTPCacheManager.py file
of Zope 2.7 because it seems to hamper caching in proxy servers?

I'm no expert so I don't know if this is a good "fix" or not (see
http://www.vasudevaservice.com/documentation/articles/plone_speed for
more details).  My main concern is that we don't have to resort to this
kind of hacking in the future and that an appropriate fix gets made in
Zope.  In my case, this change made an enormous difference when trying
to speed up my Plone site and so far I haven't really seen any adverse
effects.

Any comments?

--
Mike