[Zope] zope performance issues

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu May 20 12:04:55 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 10:22:28AM -0400, Tiller, Michael (M.M.) wrote:
> While we are on the subject of zope performance issues, are all you Zope
> people aware (I searched the mailing list and couldn't find mention of
> it) that some people in the Plone community (including myself) have
> taken to uncommenting a line in the AcceleratedHTTPCacheManager.py file
> of Zope 2.7 because it seems to hamper caching in proxy servers?

News to me. And AFAICT, nobody has ever filed this as an
issue in the collector. Bugs don't get fixed if they're not reported!
I'm filing it now:
http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1345

BTW, given that you're using Plone/CMF, why not use
the Caching Policy Manager?  It does set the "Last-Modified" header.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com