[Zope] ClientDisconnected - how to prevent this from showing up?

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Fri May 21 20:22:12 EDT 2004

hi

I've got a 7-client ZEO cluster. The client machines are Celeron's and
the ZEO server is on a dual XEON. All communication is over a private
network with a switch in the middle.

Lately I have been getting ClientDisconnected errors more often than I
would like. restarting the offending client or the zeo server is a temp
solution.

I'm not sure why the disconnects are happening but I would prefer for
zope to simply not respond than to send that error messages. That way
the loadbalancer could mark that client as down and send requests to
working clients. Visitors would never or very infrequently see the
Clientdisconnected error in this case.

Has anyone else implemented this? Any suggestions as to how to go about
this would be much appreciated. :)

<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ ICQ: 51907738 ~ Sales (USA): 1-866-967-3669