[Zope] [Ann] ManagableIndex 0.4
dieter at handshake.de
Sat May 22 14:20:31 EDT 2004
ManagableIndex is a flexible indexing framework.
It comes with managable field, keyword and efficient range indexes.
Via the management interface, you can for example configure
* how to combine values to be indexed from various attributes
* how to normalize terms, e.g. for case insensitive searches
* to ignore stop terms to keep your indexes small
* to convert terms into an efficient form
This is how ManagableIndex supports efficient
"DateTime" and "DateIndexes"
* how to handle acquisition and calling of values
New in version 0.4:
* efficient 'integer', 'DateTime' and 'Date' indexes
* efficient "RangeIndex"es (I expect them to be considerably
more efficient than "DateRangeIndex"es)
* optimization for "AdvancedQuery"s descending sorting
More information and download:
Note: This may be the last version with its current open source
unrestricted use license. I consider whether I will expressly
forbid the use of my software by institutions of the
European Union (Councel of Ministers, Commission, Parliament, ...).
This is in protest against a recent decision of the
Councel to make software patentable. This decision
ignores a Parliament vote that pleaded to keep logic (algorithms,
business rules) un-patentable.
More information about the Zope