[Zope] Re: audio order

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu May 27 02:05:38 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 06:37:17AM +0300, Aaron wrote:

> Truthfully, I see CMF products and Archetype products and can't figure
> out what they are/do? I don't see them in the Zope Book....

They're not in there.  There are a lot of layers at work here:

The Zope Book only documents zope itself.

CMF is a framework for building content management apps that is
implemented on top of Zope.  There aren't really any good docs
about CMF :-(  (Well, there are docs about bits of it.. there's
a good DCWorkflow pdf doc around.)

Plone is a content management app implemented for CMF.
Good Plone docs, but a bit out of date:
http://plone.org/documentation/book/1
Also check out the plone-users mailing list and the #plone
IRC channel, both will help you immensely.

Archetypes is a content-type development framework for Plone.
http://www.zopemag.com/Issue006/Section_Articles/article_IntroToArchteypes.html

> Whew so much to learn and so little time, I was hoping that Zope would
> speed up the process, but I am starting to be a bit overwhelmed.

Yes, unfortunately there is a lot to learn. But for something
as sophisticated as you describe, that's hard to avoid.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com