[Zope] [Ann] ManagableIndex 0.5
dieter at handshake.de
Sun May 30 15:07:34 EDT 2004
ManagableIndex is a flexible indexing framework.
It comes with managable field, keyword and efficient range indexes.
Via the management interface, you can for example configure
* how to combine values to be indexed from various attributes
* how to normalize terms, e.g. for case insensitive searches
* to ignore stop terms to keep your indexes small
* to convert terms into an efficient form
This is how ManagableIndex supports efficient
"DateTime" and "DateIndexes"
* how to handle acquisition and calling of values
New in version 0.5:
* "RangeIndex" now efficiently supports improper ranges,
i.e. ranges with at least one unrestricted boundary,
* a "RangeIndex" can now be used as a (partial) plugin
replacement for CMF's "effective" and "expires" indexes.
I expect that such a replacement will speed up most CMF
More information and download:
Note: This may be the last version with its current open source
unrestricted use license. I consider whether I will expressly
forbid the use of my software by institutions of the
European Union (Councel of Ministers, Commission, Parliament, ...).
This is in protest against a recent decision of the
Councel to make software patentable. This decision
ignores a Parliament vote that pleaded to keep logic (algorithms,
business rules) un-patentable.
More information about the Zope