[Zope] RPCAuth prefixes?

Ian MacColl ianm at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Nov 1 01:05:09 EST 2004

[previously sent to plone-users so apologies for any duplicates]

Hello:

Is anyone successfully using RPCAuth and BloggingAPI for authenticated
RPC/XML?

If so, can you please describe your setup, especially URL and
username/password?

As far as I can tell, RPCAuth wants username and password prefixed by
distinguishing strings (zid and zpw by default, respectively). Is that
right?

If so, is that done by the user's client? Or by code that receives the
XML/RPC call?

I've been playing with RPCAuth and BloggingAPI. It looks like calls to
BloggerAPI.newPost work with prefixed username/password, while calls to
BloggerAPI.getRecentPosts don't. And vice versa.

thanks

Ian