[Zope] pythonpath incomplete?

Thomas Schorr t_schorr at gmx.de
Thu Nov 4 10:08:08 EST 2004

> Hi,
> I have python 2.3.4 running on my server and
> I installed Zope 2.7.3.
> installation goes  wel,
> but when starting zope, I get:
>
>   File "/opt/Zope-2.7.3-0/lib/python/OFS/History.py", line 17, in ?
>     import Globals, ExtensionClass, difflib
> ImportError: No module named difflib
>

> but difflib is installed in
> /usr/local/lib/python2.3/difflib.py
>
> so it seems zope can't see the normal python-libraries.
> How to solve this?
>

> I installed Zope 2.7.3 because my normal zope (2.7.2) stopped functioning
> (cause unknown) with exactly the same kind of import-errors. It ran without
> any problems before.
>

> thx,
> w.

Hi Wouter,

did you actually check the pythonpath?

* start python (the one that is used by your zope installation, i.e. is
referred to by the line PYTHON= in your /path_to_zope_instance/bin/runzope
script)

* on the python prompt, enter:
>>> import sys
>>> sys.path

you should find difflib.py in one of the directories listed here. Or try to
import difflib from here:

>>> import difflib

What happens?

Regards,