[Zope] upgrade 2.6 -> 2.7 authentication problem

Christophe Tronche ch.tronche at computer.org
Sat Nov 6 10:31:23 EST 2004

I had the same problem after having switched from python 2.6.2
to 2.6.4, both using the same python2.2.3. Pure Zope (Zserver, not pcgi).

It had to do with the security model having been "reinforced". In particular,
I believe (but haven't checked in details) security controls have been
applied to objects included in others through <dtml-var>, while only one
check was performed on the outermost  method in 2.6.2 (the one called through
the url).

Just my 0.02 E.

Regards,
Ch. Tronche