[Zope] using flash as logo in plone?

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Sun Nov 7 12:58:26 EST 2004

Am So, den 07.11.2004 schrieb John Menke um 14:54:
> i know how to write the tags for flash that's not the problem.  It's the
> location of the flash file that is giving me problems i think.
>
> Can you use relative paths to .swf files from within Zope? In one example I
> looked at they had something like this
> src="/swf/logo.swf"  - i added this file in my file system relative to the
> zope_home but i still cannot see it.  Can anyone bring me up to speed on
> using file system objects in Zope?

Well, Zope by default (and purpose) does not access filesystem
for URLs. Plone has a lot of filesystem based stuff but this
does not work via direct access. Zope creates objects out of them
at start. (simplified)
Just create a Folder object in Zope and add a File object, then
upload your SWF. Point the URL in the skin (for plone)
to that URL and voila. It might be confusing if you change
a file system based skin and point to an URL in the object tree.
But then, plone is a product for zope, not zope :-)

HTH
Tino