[Zope] zope2.6.4/python2.2 doesn't restart after crash, with python2.1 it does

Jonas Meurer jonas at freesources.org
Mon Nov 8 02:22:32 EST 2004

hello,

we encounterd some problems with our zope 2.6.4 installation.
if we put an instance under heavy load, it crashes and thus - according
to event.log) tries to restart the server.

zope 2.6.4 compiled with python2.1 does this very well, and is back
after max. 1 minute.

zope 2.6.4 compiled with python2.2 doesn't do this, in other words it
fails. event.log tells me something like other processes are already
accessing and thus locking the Data.fs.

is this a known issue, are workarounds available?

normally we use the debian packages for zope 2.6.4 which run zope with
python2.2, but we just installed a source installation of zope 2.6.4
with python2.1 for debugging issues, and i realized this bug in
python2.2 usage.

i thought that zope 2.6.4 has official python2.2 suppport?

bye
 jonas