[Zope] Zope 2 -> Zope 3

Roy S. Rapoport zope at ols.inorganic.org
Mon Nov 8 11:37:10 EST 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 03:00:02PM +0100, Pascal Peregrina wrote:
> I know they are completely incompatible (this is almost the first thing that
> is said on the Zope3 homepage).
> And that's why I am worried.  Because if Zope 3 is the future of Zope, then
> at one point everyone will have to use it (and stop using Zope 2).

No, wait, Zope 3 hasn't come out yet.

What *has* come out is Zope X3 3.0.0.0.  That's _different_.

X3 is not compatible at all with 2.  It is a waypoint on the roadmap to a
non-X3 Zope 3 release which will be far more compatible with Zope 2.

In other words, this is a purely experimental release featuring no
compatibility capability.  It is not meant to be "how Zope 3 will be."

At least, that's my read of their statements.

-roy