[Zope] Re: Zope 2.6.4 receives SIGHUP

Jonas Meurer jonas at freesources.org
Wed Nov 10 13:11:15 EST 2004

On 10/11/2004 Tres Seaver wrote:
> causing the problem.  You can "fix" the problem by one of two means:
>
>   - Run with a newer, NPTL-enabled glibc.  To stay on Debian, I belive
>     this would entail upgrading from Woody to Sarge.  I am only lightly
>     familiar with Debian, so perhaps somebody can correct me?

thanks for that suggestion, anyway i'm quite sure that this isn't the
problem, as all machines where i try to reproduce this bug run the same
libc6 version (2.3.2.ds1).
if it could be a kernel matter, the failing box runs 2.4.27, but i
already tested this on another machine with 2.4.27 kernel as well, and
it wasn't even reproducable there.
could it be a matter of kernel configuration?

other things that came into my mind are:

-> the failing box has 3 virtual ips on virtual devices, maybe this
   causes problems? nevertheless i started zope with -a 127.0.0.1 and
   -d 127.0.0.1, so could this be an issue?

-> maybe some python modules cause zope to fail? this would mean, that
   self-compiled python uses the installed debian python modules as
   well. the only modules installed on the failing box, but not on the
   other test machines are python2.2-egenix-mxdatetime,
   python2.2-egenix-mxtools, python2.2-optik and python2.2-photo, as
   these are required by Zope products we use.

>   - Install an alternate threading package, and compile Python to use
>     it instead of the default one in libc.  Note that I have *no* idea
>     how to do this even on systems where I am more comfortable than
>     with Debian.

so you mean replacing my libc6? i'm quite confident that my libc6 has
threating support.

are you discussing the issue, that python2.2 doesn't restart zope
after SIGSEGV(11)? in this case ignore my response *g*

this thread is about the problem itself, why zope SIGSEGVs at all.

bye
 jonas