[Zope] Re: Location of Zope instance

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Thu Nov 11 11:13:33 EST 2004

John Poltorak wrote:
> Is there a preferred location for a Zope instance?
>
> And if you have several Zope instances is there a suggested way of naming
> them? ie something like /var/zope/1 /var/zope/2 etc?...

If you follow the Linux Standard Base, I think you would end up with
something like:

   - SOFTWARE_HOME:   /usr/share/Zope-2.7.3

     o We user /usr/share because Python modules don't go in the same
       locatin as "true" binaries under the LSB

   - INSTANCE_HOME:  /var/db/zope

   - Command-line scripts should be installed / symlinked into /usr/bin

   - zopectl / zeoctl should be linked into /etc/init.d

In practice, I have packaged things such that all the software went
under /opt/zc, and all the instances under /var/zc.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com