[Zope] read-only-database

Johan Carlsson johanc at easypublisher.com
Tue Nov 16 07:43:10 EST 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Zope] read-only-database
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:41:10 +0100
From: Johan Carlsson <johanc at easypublisher.com>
To: Johan Carlsson <johanc at easypublisher.com>

Johan Carlsson wrote:
> Does the read-only-database in zope.conf really work
> and what does it really do?
> Does it turn of all writing to the filesystem or just the main Data.fs?

As far as read-only-database goes it doesn't see to work,
so I have submitted it to the Zope Collector.

I found that setting read-only to true in the filestorage
group in the zodb_db declaration did do the job.
A warning to anybody that want to use this is that some
third-party products do write to the ZODB at start up
which will halt the start up if the read-only flag is set.
(For instance PlacelessTranslationService and Formulator.)
//Johan

<zodb_db main>
     # Main FileStorage database
     <filestorage>