[Zope] Give 'Extensions' a configurable directory in zope.conf

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Thu Nov 18 10:40:10 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 16:30 +0100, Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On Donnerstag, 18. November 2004 10:20 Uhr -0500 Chris McDonough
> <chrism at plope.com> wrote:
>

> >>  I believe the 'Extensions' direcrectory deserves the same rights,
> >>  or is there a good reason (that eludes me) for not having such a
> >>  feature ?
> >
> > No, that's a good idea.  I think I even started to make this possible
> > once but ran out of time.  Maybe it's worth a Collector issue?
>
> -1. Sounds like a YAGNI to me. Not everything is could be made possible
> should be made possible just because it is need by one person. At least
> I have not seen a solid usecase for this...we have other problems to solve
> and bugs to fix :-)

The need is one where you have multiple Zope instances that need to
share a set of external methods.  Currently you need to either put them
in the software home Extensions or symlink the each of the instance home
extensions directories to a common path.

I'm not going to do any work on this, but I could see why someone would
want it.

- C