[Zope] Give 'Extensions' a configurable directory in zope.conf

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Thu Nov 18 10:54:44 EST 2004

--On Donnerstag, 18. November 2004 10:40 Uhr -0500 Chris McDonough
<chrism at plope.com> wrote:

> The need is one where you have multiple Zope instances that need to
> share a set of external methods.  Currently you need to either put them
> in the software home Extensions or symlink the each of the instance home
> extensions directories to a common path.
>
> I'm not going to do any work on this, but I could see why someone would
> want it.

In this case I would put the stuff in a fake product like
$INSTANCE_HOME/MyFakeProduct/Extensions/...

Such a product can be put under revision control and reused in different
instances. That is a much cleaner solution than linking or copying files
around.

-aj