[Zope] RE: Left Menu (Frame) on ZMI not displaying (ARGH!!!!)

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Nov 18 15:09:53 EST 2004

Carl Batten wrote at 2004-11-17 14:19 -0800:
>I have never experienced the left pane not loading, but I have often experienced it taking a very long time to load.  It seems to be Zope's way of telling me that it is time to pack the database.  Packing the database always fixes it.  Then it gets slower and slower over time as edits swell the database.  If you haven't packed your database recently, you might try it.

Time should not (significantly) depend on a well packed storage file:

  On startup, "FileStorage" computes an index mapping object ids
  to file positions.

  Computing the index depends on the size
  of the storage file, but once it is there, each object
  can be essentially accessed in constant time (independent
  on the number of old versions).

--
Dieter