[Zope] Re: [NEWBIE] Where are application root objects documented?

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Sat Nov 20 20:57:49 EST 2004

d.j.potts at bcs.org.uk wrote:

> Ok I think I get it:  acquisition gets me up to an Application object who's
> ZopeTime is returned.  So by the same reasoning I can get title_and_id,
> ZopeAttributionButton etc.
>
> Are there classes other than Application that are picked up by acquisition?

Acquisition hooks Python's '__getattr__', so *any* attribute lookup can
potentially trigger acquisition, which looks "up" at each intervening
object until it finds one which has the attribute assigned.  Zope's
standard object types are all "implicit" acquirers, which means they are
willing to acquire any attribute (nearly);  a few are "explicit", which
means they only acquire a specific set of attributes.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com