[Zope] Which database?

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Wed Nov 24 07:50:44 EST 2004

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 23:54, John Poltorak wrote:
> I'd like to connect up a database to Zope, but have no real database
> experience. My choice is between MySQL and PostgreSQL.

Don't leave out MySQL's "MaxDB", formerly "SAPDB" in your choice.

> Is there any difference between them from Zope's POV?

Yes and no:
If you don't use database specific things, there should be no difference. But
very often you will want/need database specifics.

Best Regards,
Hermann

x1 at aon.at
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7