[Zope] Re: Renaming File Before Download

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Nov 24 14:20:57 EST 2004

David Siedband wrote:
> In one of the web apps I'm working on, users upload files into a LocalFS
> directory.  The python upload script renames the files so that the files
> name is unique, and based on the corresponding unique ID of it's
> metadata in my database.  Though now when people download the files they
> have names like 14201.pdf  instead of the original filename.  Is there a
> way I can rename the file back to it's original name (stored in the db)
> upon download?

You need to set an additional header, something like the following
template should work as "download-wrapper", maybe you can even call the
RESPONSE.setHeader() from a PythonScript as precondition when accessing
a file

<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Disposition','Attachment;
Filename=%s' % yourFilenameFromDB)"><dtml-return "yourFileObject()">

Cheers, Maik