[Zope] ZopeXMLMethods installation woes

Ken Ara feedreader at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 10:31:17 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting ZopeXMLMethods to work.

>From the various possible dependencies, I decided to
use 4Suite and PyXML, which I untarred into my
/usr/local directory and installed with the Python
used by Zope: /usr/local/www/Zope/bin/python setup.py
install

I installed ZopeXMLMethods from the FreeBSD port, and
now I have XSLTMethod and XML Method Cache Manager in
the ZMI dropdown.

However, when I attempt to add a XSLTMethod, I get "No
supported XSLT processors available", which I take to
mean that Zope isn't finding 4Suite etc.

Must I add a line to zope.conf? Mine is totally
vanilla (I think I just renamed the sample). I
couldn't find any examples online of a customized
zope.conf. Here are my other installation values:

Zope Version: (unreleased version, python 2.3.4,
freebsd4)
Python Version: 2.3.4 (#2, Sep 6 2004, 12:15:06) [GCC
2.95.4 20020320 [FreeBSD]]
System Platform: freebsd4
SOFTWARE_HOME: /usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python
ZOPE_HOME: /usr/local/www/Zope
INSTANCE_HOME: /usr/local/www/Zope/zope01
CLIENT_HOME: /usr/local/www/Zope/zope01/var

Thanks for any help,

Ken Ara