[Zope] Zope -> MySQL Weirdness
seldan at verizon.net
Fri Nov 26 11:47:04 EST 2004
I am just starting to learn Zope and am having trouble getting it
to communicate with mySQL.
Here is what I have done thus far:
- Built and compiled MySQLdb and ZMySQLDA.
- Installed the 'Z MySQL Database Connection.
- Entered in the 'Database Connection String' (DB, user, password)
Once done, I went to the 'Test' tab and here is where things get
- I can run an INSERT statement with no trouble and verify that
the DB is updated.
- However, whenever I run any sort of SELECT query I get the
Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: object does not support item assignment
I also get this error when trying to put a SELECT in Z SQL Method.
I'm very new at this stuff and come from a PHP/Perl/mySQL/postgreSQL
background, so any help at all is appreciated. If desired, I can
send the error_log output as well. I just don't get it. :-(
Thank you for an help, suggestions, advice. I've googled this to
bits to no avail. I am really enjoying Zope so far; just wish I understood it better.
More information about the Zope