[Zope] psyco

Pascal Peregrina Pperegrina at Lastminute.com
Sat Nov 27 12:31:11 EST 2004

Sorry, I did a mistake, in SpeedPack,  "monkey patching" is for CMF skins
optimization... not ZPT (ZPT is optimized with psyco).

-----Message d'origine-----
De : zope-bounces at zope.org [mailto:zope-bounces at zope.org]De la part de
Pascal Peregrina
Envoyé : samedi 27 novembre 2004 17:56
À : zope at zope.org
Objet : RE: [Zope] psyco

Some people have made a product that use psyco and also do some "monkey
patching" for ZPT optimizations.
See http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=55262 : SpeedPack
I have been using it for a while without any issues.

It looks like trying to use psyco.optimize() or psyco.profile() in Zope
startup scripts does not work.
(I mean the Zope instance does not start correctly).
So you have to psyco.bind() every class, or class method you want to speed
up.

Also, I discovered that you must not use psyco with publishable methods in
products (this is if you develop your own Zope products).
I mean any method that have REQUEST object in it's named parameters or that
is supposed to get its parameters from the HTTP request params.
If you psyco.bind() such a method, REQUEST (or params) are None.
So for my products I psyco.bind() manually some classes methods, but not the
whole class.

This is just my own experience of it. I was not able to find documentation.

In terms of results, the improvement are "visible", but I have no exact
figures to give you.
So I would say it's worth trying.

Pascal