[Zope] displaying view restricted and non-restricted objects together

Tom Germaine tgermaine at upei.ca
Sat Nov 27 14:34:56 EST 2004

I am having a problem restricting view of ZClass objects in a
subfolder with local roles defined when they are displayed alongside
non-restricted objects.

I am using LDAPUserFolder to restrict access to management screens,
with authorization linked to Novell groups and passwords; this is
working well.

I am trying to use same authorization to restrict viewing of dtml
documents in a subfolder with a local role defined identical to Novell
group names; security is set so that view and view contents of the
subfolder is for  group members only.  Authorization works but for one
glaring problem:
		- when displaying all folders and subfolders contents (titles of
dtml documents only) using dtml-tree as in:
<dtml-tree (top-level folder id)
branches_expr="objectValues(['Folder','(ZClass object)'])" sort=title>

authorization is required to display ANY dtml document titles
(because the restricted access document titles are also being
displayed).

What I would like is to have all titles displayed and authorization to
view the restricted ones enforced only when trying to access them,
because there are multiple subfolders in the tree, each with unique
access restrictions.

Is there a way to use dtml-tree to accomplish this? I have tried
<dtml-tree...skip_authorization=1...> but this just removes the titles of
the restricted documents from being displayed, and so makes
accessibilty to them impossible.

Maybe I should be trying to set the security on the individual dtml
document view properties, but don't know what property to define and
how to use it.

Tom Germaine

Tom Germaine
User Support Help Desk